Curiosity & Joy

about teaching about writing about poetry

Friday, December 07, 2007

Substitute's Report - December 7

Hi X,

A rather uneventful afternoon.

Period 4 English

I administered the reading tests and you will find the marked papers under this note. I took up all the tests and distributed them randomly for marking. The complained that they should get to decide who marks their tests but I said that they have to learn to trust each other. We started with a little discussion of symbolism and I assigned the subsets which are noted on the blank sheet that contains the tests. A good group.

Period 5 English

I went around and checked their work and all of them who were there had it done except X who didn't have his booklet with him. They read for a while and for a Friday afternoon treat I beat them at Hangman with the word 'aglet'. There were no problems and, for a Friday the day before the Semi, they were surprisingly on-task.

Thanks X for the chance to get a few hours. I have enjoyed teaching your classes and I'm sure I'll see you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger